What I do
I oversee all Digital Collections and Archives staff, collections, and services with primary responsibility for strategic direction, planning, management, and collection development.
- MSI, University of Michigan, School of Information
- BA, Wesleyan University
Extensible Processing for Archives and Special Collections: Reducing Processing Backlogs. (ALA Neal-Schuman) (2014)
Implementing Descriptive and Access Systems. (Society of American Archivists Trends in Archival Practice Series.) (2013)
Applying DACS to Finding Aids: Case Studies from Three Diverse Repositories. American Archivist, 71 (1) (Spring/Summer 2008), 210-227.
- Chaired Princeton University Library committee recognized with SAA’s C.F.W. Coker Award for finding aid systems and innovative development in archival description. To merit consideration for the award, nominees must set national standards, represent a model for archives description, or otherwise have a substantial impact on national descriptive practice.
- Chaired Princeton University Library committee recognized with MARAC’s Miller Finding Aid Award for outstanding finding aids and finding aid systems.
Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference, Fredric M. Miller Finding Aid Award, 2008
- Supervised Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library archival processing unit recognized with MARAC’s Miller Finding Aid Award for outstanding finding aids and finding aid systems.
Selected Professional Activities
Lecturer, Rutgers University School of Communication and Information, 2013
- Taught master’s level course “Advanced Archival Description.”
Society of American Archivists, Workshop Instructor, 2008-present
- Developed and serve as instructor for full day SAA workshop titled “Implementing More Product, Less Process.” Workshop given more than 12 times from 2010-2013.
Society of American Archivists, 2000-present
- Co-Chair, Standards Committee, 2013-present. Elected member of Nominating Committee, 2009. EAD Roundtable liaison to Standards Committee, 2007-2009. Workshop Instructor, 2008-present.
Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference, 2003-present
- Member of Nominating Committee, 2008-2009. Member of Program Committee, Fall 2006
Archives Leadership Institute, 2012
- Selected to participate in week-long NHPRC-funded institute designed to “provide advanced training for 25 emerging and innovative leaders.”
New Jersey Department of Archives and Records Management PARIS Grants Program, 2008-2009
- Served as expert reviewer for NJDARM’s Public Archives and Records Infrastructure Support grants program.
National Historical Publications and Records Commission, 2005-2009
- Served as reviewer for grant applications for the NHPRC Detailed Processing Grants program.
Selected Papers and Presentations
Modern Language Association, Annual Conference, Chicago, IL, 2014
- Presentation on,“Discoverability: New Methods (and Experiences) of Scholarly “Wild Surmise.”
OCLC Research Webinar, 2013
- Primary presenter of webinar, “Achieving Thresholds for Discovery: Addressing Issues with EAD to Increase Discovery and Access.”
Society of American Archivists, Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, 2013
- Chair of session, “Disruptive Components: Reimaging Archival Access Systems.”
Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference, Spring Meeting, Cape May, NJ, 2012
- Presentation on hiring and management at archival repositories.
Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference, Spring Meeting, Alexandria, VA, 2011
- Presentation on descriptive standards and baseline level processing
Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference, Spring Meeting, Wilmington, DE, 2010
- Chaired session on metadata visualization and finding aids.
Society of American Archivists, Annual Conference, Austin, TX, 2009
- Speaker at session “Libraries, Archives and Museums, Converging in Real Life.”
National Archives and Records Administration, 23rd National Archives Preservation Conference: “Digitizing for Preservation and Access: Past is Prologue,” Washington D.C., 2009
- Presenter at NARA’s 2009 preservation conference.
Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference, Spring Meeting, Charleston, WV. 2009
- Presentation on integrating digital content with finding aids and innovative digitization methods
Southern Folklore Collection, The Legal and Ethical Implications of LargeScale Digitization of Manuscript Collections conference, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, 2009
Philadelphia Area Consortium of Special Collections Libraries, Something New for Something Old: Innovative Approaches to Managing Archives and Special Collections, Philadelphia, PA, 2008
Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference, Fall Meeting, Silver Spring, MD, 2008
- Authored paper and presentation titled “Your Backlog is an Opportunity.”
Metropolitan New York Library Council, New York, NY, 2008
- Instructor for Metro‐sponsored full day workshop titled “Archival Processing: New and Efficient Methods.”
Society of American Archivists, Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA, 2008
- Chair of session titled “Evolving Finding Aids for Basic Processing.“
Society of Georgia Archivists, Annual Meeting, Columbus, GA, 2007
- Presentation at meeting of the Society of Georgia Archivists titled “Describing Archives: A Content Standard.“
Society of American Archivists, Annual Conference, Chicago, IL, 2007
- Presentation to EAD Roundtable at 2007 annual meeting regarding Princeton’s testing and implementation of the Archivists’ Toolkit.
Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference, Spring Meeting, Scranton, PA
- Taught full‐day workshop titled “Implementing ‘More Product, Less Process’: Pragmatic Approaches to Archival Processing.”
Society of American Archivists, Annual Conference, Washington, D.C., 2006
- Presentation at 2006 annual meeting regarding Describing Archives: A Content Standard (DACS) and its implementation at the Princeton University Library.